
There are few authors who write good contemporary M/M fiction. Most forget that being gay is still no go in about every society in the world. So it always irks me when authors take on AU and then label the books as contemporaries. Yes, I know it's all the "publishers fault" (cry me a river). I, however feel that any real fan of contemporaries should go and pick up "Breathe" by Sloan Parker. There is angst, drama, romance, tragedy and so much more. This is a story set in real-time, about real emotions and loss. It is a cracker. I have to say, Sloan Parker is a new auto-buy for me. I read her other story "More" a menage story, and it was good. Yes, it did become about the sex every chapter, but there was some good character development. However, her strength really does lie in this genre (and not the extra M one). It was a pleasure to read. I hope more comes, she is a star in the making.
No comments:
Post a Comment