Sunday, 28 November 2010

[read]

Hello all,

I'm actually in the process of reading a non-fiction book. I'm reading Zimbardo's analysis of his Stanford Prison Experiment. As someone, whose completed their degree in Psychology, I really find Zimbardo's work beyond interesting.

However, I shall note some eBooks I have completed. I have finished reading "Driftwood" by Harper Fox. Not my first book by this author, I don't know what to make of it really. It's a very character-driven book which is always a plus for me. However, I feel the slow and depressing allure of the story to be too much. Then again, I understand why that had to be done. Thomas is a doctor who served in the Afghanistan war so he's obviously messed up. We also have Flynn whose in an abusive relationship and also blames himself for killing his crew on the job. How, these men come about is a bit unbelievable to me. Then again, whilst I was reading the story it seemed fine; taking a step back made me go...hm. The prose is dense, and I'm not much for adding in creature comforts and/or kids in stories (there were no children in this story FYI). It's good. If you're looking for a depressing read that is.

I'd probably pick up "Life After Joe" I remember that being a good read. However, for the love of me I can't remember much of it. To be fair, I read so much, so unless you write something spectacular (IMO) then chances are I won't remember due to sieve brain and too many reads.

I also read "My Summer of Wes" by Missy Welsh which was a cute read of an eighteen year falling in love with his twenty-four year old neighbour. Cute. I also read, "Karma Chameleon" by Willa Okati (in the Tomcat series). I adored Arden and Shavy in the series, so I was SO glad Okati wrote them their own story. Loved it.

That's all from me, if I don't write again - I'll see you 2011. I hope.