- I did finish reading 'Drawn Together' by Z.A. Maxfield and I got over the stunted language. Overall it was a good story, albeit quantiy does not trump quality. Though from her horrid first novel (imho) to her random short story, this was a welcome break from the two misses I had to endure from her. However St. Nacho's is on my radar, I didn't take into the gushes and over fangirl(y) rabiness from some her obvious fans. That's not say it isn't a good book, just rather get an slightly unbiased opinion from a (hopefully) third party and many have said (who aren't in teh circle) that it is a decent book.
- I bought 'The Mark of the Beast' by Jourdan Lane a few nights ago. Even though the author burned me, and I despise the fourth novel like nobody's business. The $1.29 price tag wasn't bad. Turned out to be a good read actually. However the whole jump-around in Lucien only really loves Peter and vice-versa and Nickolas only love Saaban - but they are connected and blah-blah-freaking-blah. Then the novels make it out to be that the love is equal? Eh...I don't know anymore. But I enjoyed the piece even if the ending was so abrupt I almost got whiplash. Though at least Xander and Caleb (I LOVE CALEB) are getting their own wee story :)
- I also read Dark Whispers by Anne Cain and Barbara Sheridan. Loved it. I was disappointed with the lack of darkness in the third book of the series - but the author's did very well. I am not familiar with Noble Press so the existence of this kept evading me. I don't read Barbara Sheridan on her own which amuses me. I like reading Anne Cain's work because she seems like a sweet person and she writes sweet stories, and you can't begrudge her that. I can't say why I haven't given Ms. Sheridan a chance? Maybe I should.
- I finally got around to reading L.A. Mischief from P.A. Brown. Lovely work from a very underrated author. I've seen her books being promoted in the usual circles, and for that I am glad. I'll need to buy the paperback as the ebook version was just littered with typos. Luckily for the author she has such a great voice and characters it didn't deter me that much.
Until next time.
2 comments:
Hi...I discovered the Master of the Line series through your blog and decided to try Tory Temple as well. As I liked your recommendations a lot, I'd love to know which titles you consider keepers or those which you re-read. It would be helpful to know which authors you consider auto buy ones( I assume Tory Temple is one?). There are simply so many titles available and some recommendations from other review sites haven't really worked for me so I wanted to find out about more of your recommendations since I really liked the ones you've recommended so far.
Hi there!
Sorry for the late reply. I don't come here that often, so I tend to forget I even have this BLOG. Tory Temple is a auto-buy for me I'd recommend:
1. Tabula Rasa
2. Tinder (she wrote a sequel called Embers but I didn't like it)
3. Her firemen series. Fireline (I bought that as a paperback, and it includes first and second book of the series). You can buy them separately too if you want too ~ over at Torquere Press.
I'm always updating on something or another, just let me know what kind of thing you're looking for. I'll be happy to help.
cs
Post a Comment