I think the novelty has worn off. When I first got into e-books I was iffy about them, it seemed like I was paying for fanfiction for some reason. It took me awhile to understand what the hell e-publishing was, and when I did it was parrtyyy time! Don't get me wrong I've read some good stories over the last few years, from e-publishers/authors. But sadly I am not interested. The authors who I came to adore, are no longer automatic buys. It's the same stuff over and over again. And I no longer want to pay paperback prices for e-books thankyouverymuch.
Sure they'll be a select few authors I'll continue to buy from. Angela Fiddler (if she keeps continuing here MOTL series, Sharon Maria Bidwell (if she writes a contemporary novel), Amanda Young (whose novels fail me, but her short stories exceed), Chris Owen (but lately her stuff has been wtf!? but Bareback/and Adiago will always be the finest pieces of writing I've read in m/m). Cindy Rosenthal, Dallas Coleman, Anah Crow, Tory Temple (I bow down to thee). And J.L. Langely (but only her werewolf series).
So whilst this isn't a goodbye to e-publishing, I am no longer interested in the authors who once, made me want to buy their stuff.
P.D. Publishing, Blind Eye Books - here I come. ♥
Sure they'll be a select few authors I'll continue to buy from. Angela Fiddler (if she keeps continuing here MOTL series, Sharon Maria Bidwell (if she writes a contemporary novel), Amanda Young (whose novels fail me, but her short stories exceed), Chris Owen (but lately her stuff has been wtf!? but Bareback/and Adiago will always be the finest pieces of writing I've read in m/m). Cindy Rosenthal, Dallas Coleman, Anah Crow, Tory Temple (I bow down to thee). And J.L. Langely (but only her werewolf series).
So whilst this isn't a goodbye to e-publishing, I am no longer interested in the authors who once, made me want to buy their stuff.
P.D. Publishing, Blind Eye Books - here I come. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment