Buy the book here.Amanda Young to me has a knack with short stories. None of her novel-length stories have done anything for me. But Man Candy and Eye Candy are two of my most favourite short stories. Now thanks to her, I can add another one to my list. The writing is pretty standard and clean. But what got me was the character of Mark, and his "emotions" in the story. I tend to grab a character and just fall in love, and with Mark that happened. He's such a wonderful character, and reading him made me tear up a lot during this story.
It is ridiculous to praise something so short. But this short story packed a punch for me. Enough for me to take a second read in the same day.
I hope the author brings Mark and Sam back. I would love to read either how they met, or what happened after this story. Either way, I hope she does something with these two. And soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment