Sunday, 27 July 2008

What Did I Do?


Well no not really. More like 'wow did I just do that'? Kind of deal. I submitted a short story to a publisher. It took me three weeks ( or so) to write. Mainly because I'm so lazy. But I wrote it had my friend proof read it. Checked it myself, added some more scenes. Had a fit writing my query letter and synopsis (still don't know if I did it right?) then sent it a couple of days ago. I got a confirmation email, and probably won't hear back from them until sometime in August.

Not my first time in submitting something either. I submitted a story to Loose Id for that March Madness competition. In all honesty, I did it for the sake of seeing if I could write something that exceeded more than 2,000 words. I did, and hell it made the last 16 round. I was sort of pleased. I only told one person, and that's it. I wasn't even nervous when I submitted it. I was doing it for the 'fun'.

But this one is different. I actually wrote something for this publisher. I doubt I'll sit in a corner and cry if they say 'no thanks' but at the same time I really hope they won't. I even have two secondary characters in that story, who want their own (and my friend loves them). So hell if it does get accepted, the publisher is looking for something for next year, for their 'theme' line. So cross your fingers.

No comments: