Saturday, 17 April 2010

[blocked]

This is how I feel when reading lately, I keep going back to old favourites and closing down new PDFs. There is no author out there new or (old) that is making me excited. Sure, A.M. Riley has been the highlight this year - but there is only so many times I can use her name without coming of as a turd. I choked down an awful book last week, it took me two weeks to read. It's the only e-book (new) I have read in the last month. I only finished it because it had to be reviewed.

I was looking at the new Ginn Hale's books - and contemplated buying them considering if I buy both books then I get 25% off (not including P&P). Then, I think about my ever-growing paperback list and stopped myself. I have only ever read two Hale's stories, and they were the contributions in the Hell Cops Anthology (from Loose Id) and I actually thought her contributions were the weakest from the author list. I have not read Wicked Gentlemen (despite the raving reviews. The price is a bit steep for me from BlindEye Books). Then again the genre BEB caters towards is not my scene. I did buy Josh Lanyon's Strange Fortune (which was started, but left waning). So I'll leave off for now. The offers is till June sometime, for anyone interested.

I wonder if Jane Seville will release any more books in her Zero world. I enjoyed the novel, but funnily enough I loved her web-shorts much more than the novel overall. I don't know why, but I suppose to me there was more connection and emotion in the web-stories. I also wonder if Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban will ever write a sequel to Caught Running. The first time I read the book, I thought it was juvenile. After a few solid re-reads I came to love the story. I am still waiting on Troy's and Jonathan's story :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the free story on Ginn Hale’s website? It’s called Shy Hunter. Once you’ve read it, you can decide once and for all if Ginn Hale is worth reading.

Then try other free stuff on the ‘net. You may discover good new authors without spending money :)

clear skies said...

I have not, I heard she had some free stuff on her website. I'm just too lazy to actually bother to check. LOL.

I rather read non-pub author free stories, as opposed to pubbed-author free stories. Mostly because their free stuff is always better, and then I get sad cause they won't write more, expand on it etc. Ala J.M. Snyder "Skaterboy".