Tuesday, 29 September 2009

[the good and the bad]

Anthologies - Hell Cop and Hell Cop II by Astrid Amara et al from Loose Id are actually good reads. However Astrid Amara for me steals the show for both her stories, whilst Ginn Hale was probably the weakest for me.

RECOMMENDATIONS: Faith and Fidelity and Love and Loyalty by Tere Michaels are gems of a read; and I cannot believe I missed them in purpose because I didn't want to give this unknown author (to me anyway) a chance. BAD ME! seriously pick up these two books; great reads.

Julia Talbot seems to be doing a Sean Michael, and releasing all these random and not very good short stories. Please stop; you were once upon a time a decent (ish) writer.

Finished reading the first three books of the Partnership in Blood series by Ariel Tachna from Dreamspinner Press; really congested filled with randomness, crap characterisations, over dramatic plot and just goes on forever. There are some characters I do like, so stuck with it and last book in series is being released in November this year.

That's me.

No comments: