I think K.A. Mitchell is a talented writer, but I don't think this novel worked as well as I think she hoped it would. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely to see authors try different things, and the mystery/suspense genre is one I adore. However, I'm not clear if the author just can't write this genre, or maybe she watched too many cop shows? Either way, I think the mystery genre (within) the m-m sub genre should be left to Josh Lanyon and Pat Brown. The writing was solid, and the characterisation were there - I just think if there was a different premise, the story would have been stellar. Overall, I'd give the book a C - I was disappointed, which is sad for me because I kind of have the author on a pedestal.I also finished reading this horrible m-f e-book and it just cements my exact thoughts, don't read anymore m-f e-books.
I have nothing to recommend in this post. I'm hoping I can come across something soon.