I finished the GOD AWFUL book really quickly since my last post. To be honest I can't even remember what happened anyway. The review is done and dusted. I have no books to review \o/ which I am so pleased about. I like reviewing but I don't like being hassled. I feel you can never been too honest when you're working for someone else. After all reviewing is like a business too. They get free books and we get to read them. For free. So really there has to be some sort of publisher/author petting going on. Though it bugs me. To be frank I don't even need to review. I have hundreds of e-books I keep buying and accumulating. Not only that I have a shit load of paperbacks I keep buying so really why the fuck am I? I suppose I like hearing what author's like about my review (and what they didn't). It's kind of nice, and a few of my reviews have been gushed about and I've even got a free ARC because of a [said] review. So really these are the perks. So I've decided to only review the books I absolutely want too. The blurbs that just blow me away. No more "oh that sounds alright". Been burned too many times folks.
I don't believe in linking journal posts from other bloggers (because that brings too much attention). But I have to say I'm glad I'm not in the minority anymore.
Also, authors. Please stop sticking up for your stories. I mean seriously I've dropped about ten authors for that alone. It's like "but it's my story and my characters and wah wah wah" could care less. I don't like your genre? I don't like your characters? So what? You can't please us all and you shouldn't sit around trying to "justify" your story or your genre. Just write and sell, and hope someone buys it, because someone will to be frank. It's just tacky and annoying.
Whilst we're here. Stop the preaching. I don't need straight females to tell me the hardships of the gays out there. Seriously. And love people because they're people? What should we join a circle? Good for you if you want to go down that route. But I'm a mean and moody and could care less.
...
Why does this post sound so angry? LOL.
Well here is the light at the end of the tunnel
TORY TEMPLE - EMBERS
YAY! (Though what sucks it's only 41 pages. Why? Why? *sighs*) At least Tinder and Embers are in a print copy and CANNOT WAIT TO BUY. Please be up on Amazon et al soon ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment