
I hate when one person speaks for everyone else. We might like the same author, and agree that one of their books has made an impact on us. But that does not mean I will read everything they will write, and that's o.k. too. What I don't appreciate is the line: We'll all buy your stuff, because it's you and your fans will support you no matter what. So I don't buy their new release makes me less of a fan? I don't buy their book says I am not supporting them? I guess what irks me the most is the generalistation of the word "we" if you want to buy whatever the author writes then "you" buy it. Just don't stick the "we" or "true fans" into the sentence.
If an author writes something that I am interested in reading, or if it isn't but takes my fancy I will read it. But I rarely read everything one author writes, because most often than not, they'll write two good books and the next six are shit. No fault of their own, but no author can write an A+ book all the time.
If my favourite author writes a menage story I won't read it. Because I hate menage stories. If the author writes a dark horror I might read it, because whilst I don't actively seek books in that genre, there is more chance my favourite author will tempt me into trying it. It depends on what the author writes, and bluntly put I am here for my own pleasure. I'll read what I want to read. Whether they are a multi-million pound book seller or a thousand-pound e-book author, it's all the same. If I don't buy their second, third or fourth book, when I do buy their fifth book because it's what I am interested in, I am supporting them.
Books Read:
The Happy Onion by Ally Blue - Didn't enjoy it. 1.5
Finding Home by Cameron Dane - Eh didn't enjoy this one either. 1.5
Crossing Borders by Z.A. Maxfield - God was this ridiculously long. Bored. 1.5
Blood Price by Kira Stone - Interesting story. 3.5
Currently Reading
Shadow of a Wolf by Jez Morrow
No comments:
Post a Comment