CALL OUT: Why do authors refuse to post negative reviews they receive, or even refuse to acknowledge them. I don't know about you, but I find it strange. I also find it rather egotistic when authors just post positive reviews of their work, in their review section of their websites. I personally think it's pretty cool if an author provides all middle-ground and bad reviews of their work. When I say bad reviews, I don't mean Amazon reviews or three line reviews that scream how crap their book is, but well-written and informative reviews. I've seen so many well-written reviews, who come to the conclusion that they didn't enjoy a book, but you never see that author posting it on her/his site, or hell even acknowledging them.
I've read numerous times that (from authors) authors should not comment on reviews good or bad. I, however disagree (naturally) unless you're an author who can't string a sentence together and tend to become a lunatic when you receive a 'negative' review, then sure back away from that comment box. But I see no problem with authors coming in an acknowledging a review. However, forget about that acknowledging a review is hardly an issue here, the issue here is that linking middle-ground or low-rated reviews, seem to be a no go for authors. I think it's a shame, because at the end of the day, I am going to go scout for the low-rated reviews anyway, because I'd like to see why some people didn't like it. It's an informed choice after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment